Besplatni webinar: STEAM in the Public Library: Programs & Services for Children
Datum i vrijeme održavanja: 7. svibnja 2014., Pacific – 12 Noon, Mountain – 1 PM, Central – 2 PM, Eastern – 3 PM
Predavačica: Amy Koester
STEAM in youth services—programs and services with connections to science, technology, engineering, the arts, and math—has become a particularly hot topic. Many public libraries may find themselves wondering:
- What exactly do STEAM programs and services look like?
- How does STEAM fit within my library’s existing goals and programs?
- Can my staff and I offer STEAM without specialized training?
- How do we implement STEAM in time for summer reading, as the 2014 Collaborative Summer Library Program theme, Fizz Boom Read, is directly connected to science?
STEAM programs and services for children can take many forms, and every public library can find the right STEAM fit for them. This webinar will explore the topic of STEAM programs and services for children from the bottom up, starting with what STEAM is and what it looks like, to ideas for age-appropriate implementation, to resources for finding and creating your own STEAM programs.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will:
- Be able to define STEAM and describe its place in youth services
- Understand what STEAM programs can look like for preschoolers and school-age children
- Be able to identify existing programs that can be modified with STEAM elements
- Be able to create library services that connect children to STEAM areas
- Be able to identify program-planning resources, potential funding sources, and possible community partners to create STEAM programs
This webinar will be of interest to public library youth services staff, youth services managers and coordinators, library administrators.