Besplatni webinar: Digital Literacy: Libraries Respond to Community Needs
- Jessica Meadows, Curriculum Coordinator, GCFLearnFree.org
- Melissa Ziel, Information Desk Supervisor, Gail Borden Public Library District, IL
- Jamie Hollier, Project Manager, DigitalLearn.org
Sadržaj: Libraries know digital literacy; they’ve been the go-to resource for their communities for years. Yet the need continues to grow as the demand for basic skills intensifies and new skills emerge. Whether supporting job hunters, students, older adults, or anyone seeking new technology knowledge, find out how trainers in libraries are using curricula, resources, and tools to help people in their communities advance their digital proficiency. Explore practical ways for all libraries to address digital literacy programming and training—from classroom settings, drop-in classes, or responding to patron needs on the fly. Learn about:
- 750+ free self-paced online classes from GCFLearnFree.org, with examples of how trainers in libraries are using their curriculum.
- DigitalLearn.org, a collection of self-directed tutorials for end-users to increase their digital literacy, and a community of practice for digital literacy trainers to share resources, tools and best practices.
Share your ideas, best practices, and resources as we work together to help people attain new digital literacy skills.
Start time: 2:00 Eastern / 11:00 PacificRelated Resources:
- WebJunction’s Digital Literacy section